Summer has come and gone, days are getting shorter, and nights are getting cooler. It’s that time of the year to start preparing your watercraft for winter. We know it’s a sad time, but it’s always good to winterize your boat before it’s too late. We came up with some tips and tricks for your winter storage.
- Wash motor and boat hull removing all stains.
- Wash and wax.
- Cover the boat with a high-quality breathable cover.
- Clean the propeller and check for damges.
- If your boat is kept in water, install a de-icing device.
- Find a safe and dry location to place your boat during the winter season.
Sweeney & Sweeney Insurance hopes you enjoyed a wonderful summer on the lake! If you are a little depressed about the season changes, just remember Butte County has many fun festivities during the Holiday Season!