With the government also shutting down, I think many people have forgotten that Tuesday was also the start of Open Enrollment for the Affordable Care Act. I know many people have been confused about exactly what the ACA (A.K.A. Obamacare, PPACA, Health Care Reform) is. There has been much confusing media coverage, and people spreading around incorrect information. I just want to take a minute to give you a basic breakdown of what the bill entails.
- No one will be turned down for coverage due to pre-existing conditions, any longer.
- The age ceiling for young adults being covered on their parents’ health plans has been raised to 26.
- You may have the ability to modify the way you pay for your coverage by adjusting your monthly premium payments with your deductible.
- You may qualify for a premium tax credit.
- Free preventative care.
- Choose the best doctor for you within your plan.
- Women’s health preventative care is also 100% covered.
These are just a few of the many new changes included with the Affordable Care Act. Call today to schedule your appointment to come in and get enrolled! We’ll help you find the best plan for you and your family or you and your employees! For more information on the Reform, check out our past blogs: Women’s Health Care, Pre-Existing Conditions, Improved Coverage Options, Q & A, Premium Assistance Calculation, Employer Mandate Delayed, Young Adults, Small Business Tax Credits, Individual Tax Credits, Getting Covered, Small Business, Health Insurance Plans at a Glance, Questions Answered, and many more.