Apparently there is a holiday tonight as well, that probably everyone should beware of. Traditionally, the night before Thanksgiving is known as Blackout Wednesday. Tonight is known for people binge drinking because most people do not work on Thanksgiving day, so they spend the previous night drinking excessively.
Make sure to take care tonight driving around, as with heaving drinking usually comes poor decisions, which can lead to drunk driving. Defensive driving and recognizing the signs that someone may be driving impaired can help keep you safe. And of course, if you think someone is drunk driving, call 911 immediately to report them. You could be saving not only their lives, but the lives of others.
- Taking excessively wide terms
- Straddling the center lane divide
- Close calls or actual collision with other objects
- Abrupt swerving
- Excessive/erratic braking/inability to maintain speed
- Abrupt/illegal turns
- Drifting into other lanes
- Signally that is inconsistent with driving actions
- Inappropriate response to traffic signals/stop signs
If you suspect someone of drunk driving, be sure to keep your distance and be prepared to take evasive action and be sure to report the driver. We at Sweeney & Sweeney are wishing everyone a happy, safe, and fun holiday weekend. However, if an accident should occur, we are always here to help you out with reporting your claims, as well.