Perhaps all of your children are grown and off on their own. You may no longer need your big house with all its maintenance and lawn care responsibilities. Moving to a smaller condo may be a good fit for you at this point in your life. As part of the process, why not contact your insurance agent to discuss condo insurance in California and learn about the differences in insurance policies for condos as opposed to houses?
One challenge with downsizing is fitting the items from your big house into the smaller condo space. There are several techniques that may help you make the most of your condo living space.
- Often a sectional sofa actually takes up less space than several individual pieces of furniture.
- When choosing shelves, try taller ones to make the most of your vertical space.
- Pull-out shelves and tilt bins may help conserve space in your kitchen.
- Hanging pots and pans from the ceiling, and hanging other kitchen items from corkboards inside cupboards may be a good space-saver.
- Placing CDs and DVDs into books with sleeves will allow you to discard the cases, which can take up a lot of space.
- Hanging your flat screen television on the wall may allow you to do away with a large entertainment unit.
When shopping for a condo, it is wise to carefully read all condo contracts and documents. You may want to find out what the condo is responsible for insuring and what will be your responsibility. When you are ready contact our condo insurance in California agent again to arrange quotes.